Alsa audio backend in Qt 5.2.0?

• Hi all,

I have a small Qt app that uses QAudioOutput to emit sound. It compiles & runs fine in Qt 4.8.5.

However, in Qt 5.2.0 beta1 (built from source), my application compiles, but does not work. I get the following message while the constructor of the QAudioOutput instance is constructed:

"Unable to create a connection to the pulseaudio context"

Also, the constructor does not return.

I do not have pulseaudio running. ALSA is working fine, and this is what my program uses when compiling under 4.8.5.

Inspecting the Qt 5.2.0 "plugins/audio" directory, there is only "libqtmedia_pulse.so" there, the name of which suggests that it depends on pulseaudio.

My questions:

• Is there still a backend for output to ALSA (without pulseaudio) in Qt 5.2.0 ?
    • If yes, how do I make sure it is built? I do not see any configure options for that.
    • It appears to be a bug that the constructor of QAudioOutput hangs my app. Where can I report that?

Kind regards,

Sidney

• Just to add to this: the same problem manifests itself when using Qt 5.0.2 and 5.1.1. So it seems that something changed between 4.8 and 5.0 that causes the hard pulseaudio dependency.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.