Adding Columns to a QSqlProxyModel

• Hi All,

I've searched through several articles on how to add extra columns to a QSqlProxyModel, but none of them do a good job explaining how this could be done ( or done cleanly ).

Here's my question:

I have a simple QSqlModelProxy that has 4 columns. I want to generate a 5 column on the fly that is function of columns 2 and 3. I do not want this extra column saved in the database, what is the best way to implement this ?

Here's what I've tried:
    I created an new with the class XProxyModel that inherits from QIdentityProxyModel. This class overloads the columnCount() method and returns the desired number of columns (5 ). I also overloaded the headerData method to catch the new columns and emit the proper Header strings. This all seems to work fine, my one problem is in the data method ( which I also overloaded in XProxyModel ), within this method my new columns
    never show up through the QModelIndex, it stops at the true underlying columns.

What am I doing wrong ?

My other alternative is to change from a TableView to a TableWidget and manually populate this table through
    a QSqlTableModel/QSqlQuery, is this the right solution ?

Thanks in advance.

• I Believe I figured it out. If I had to overload the index method as well to return a proper QModelIndex , does this make sense ? Once I did this the row and column became visible through the data method.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Yes it does since you have to somehow provide indexes to access your "virtual" column

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.