[SOLVED] emit crashes on QGraphicsView

• i've added a signal in a QGraphicsView deriven class. when i call "emit" i get crashes.
    can't resolve it :(

EDITED: (code added)

@class editor: public QGraphicsView
    {
    Q_OBJECT

public:
    editor(QWidget *parent);

signals:
    void rectSizeChanged(int w, int h);
    };@

• Moderators

That should work. Perhaps moc info has not been updated? Please clean your project, run qmake and rebuild it.

• tried that hundred times, not works :(

it should be added that i get that crash in cpp code

@
    emit rectSizeChanged(100, 100); //POWW
    @

• Moderators

Weird. Perhaps you are running a threaded application? Maybe the signal is sent to some thread with a DirectCall instead of a Qt::QueuedConnection?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

To add to sierdzio, are you sure it's not on the receiver's end that the crash happens (thinking of a direct connection) ?

• @SGalst: yeah ;)

@slerdzlo: you were right. actually that "emit" was called within a function which was controlled from another friend class of "QGraphicsItem". i didn't care about the thready work of QGraphicsView and the scenes inside it.

so i moved signals into the graphics item class and added a getter function to the graphics view which returns a pointer to that graphics item. now, main widget will get signals directly from the graphics item.

thank you very much.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.