Q_OBJECT

public:
    Test(QObject *parent=0) : QObject(parent) { }
    void getMessage(QString &strMessage);

signals:
    void finished(int);
    };

Test.cpp
    void Test::getMessage(QString &strMessage)
    {
    strMessage = "Hello world!";
    // emit finished(0); if i uncomment this line i get segFualt in caller thread
    }

my application main func:
    int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QString parameter;
    DWORD dw1;
    HANDLE hdl;
    Test obj;
    // ok is true after below code
    bool ok = QObject::connect(&obj, SIGNAL(finished(int)), this, SLOT(mySlot(int)));

hdl = CreateThread(NULL, 0, (LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE) &Test::getMessage, &parameter, 0, &dw1);
    if(hdl == NULL)
    {
        qDebug() << "failed to create thread.";
    }
    // if i uncomment line "emit finished(0);" i get sefFault here and if i don't app works perfectly
    WaitForSingleObject(hdl,INFINITE);
    if(parameter.isEmpty())
    {
        qDebug() << "Parameter failed.";
    }

return a.exec(&#41;;

}
    @
    i run a function from lib in another thread i want that function to emit a signal at the end and catch that signal in my app.

• Moderators

[quote]
    @
    {
    bool ok = QObject::connect(&obj, SIGNAL(finished(int)), this, SLOT(mySlot(int)));
    }
    @
    [/quote]main() doesn't have a this pointer. Where is this connection actually done?

Also, what do you want to do with your thread? If you need threads, I recommend using one of Qt's cross-platform thread solutions: http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-stable/threads-technologies.html

• [quote author="JKSH" date="1383120515"][quote]
    @
    {
    }
    @
    [/quote]main() doesn't have a this pointer. Where is this connection actually done?

Also, what do you want to do with your thread? If you need threads, I recommend using one of Qt's cross-platform thread solutions: http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-stable/threads-technologies.html[/quote]

yes u are right actually the code inside main is in another function it was a copy and paste mistake!
    at first i was using QThread but it seems Qthread has some problem on machines with 1core!! i tested this on a VM.

• Moderators

[quote author="XGuy" date="1383123159"]yes u are right actually the code inside main is in another function it was a copy and paste mistake![/quote]Can you share your actual code?

[quote]at first i was using QThread but it seems Qthread has some problem on machines with 1core!! i tested this on a VM.[/quote]What kind of problem?

• [quote author="JKSH" date="1383128954"][quote author="XGuy" date="1383123159"}yes u are right actually the code inside main is in another function it was a copy and paste mistake![/quote]Can you share your actual code?

[quoteat first i was using QThread but it seems Qthread has some problem on machines with 1core!! i tested this on a VM.[/quote]What kind of problem?

[/quote]

just create a program in which some threads are created and then run it on a machine which has only one core.

• Moderators

You said it "has some problem". Can you give more details? Threads work on single-core computers too.

Can you post the correct code for your original post?

• [quote author="JKSH" date="1383197446"]# You said it "has some problem". Can you give more details? Threads work on single-core computers too.

Can you post the correct code for your original post?[/quote]

in my case when i run multiple threads on a machine with one core the threads don't run simultaneously, it seems QThread runs each thread in a separate core.
    and unfortunately i have changed my source code so the implementation with QThread is not available anymore :-(

• This used to be my approach for using QThread!

@
    // objConnLable is a class obj
    objConnLable.moveToThread(&thrConnLabel);
    QObject::connect(&thrConnLabel, SIGNAL(started()), &objConnLable, SLOT(getTokenConnLabel()));
    QObject::connect(&objConnLable, SIGNAL(connLabelReady(QString)), this, SLOT(updateConnList(QString)));
    QObject::connect(&objConnLable, SIGNAL(connLabelFinished(int)), this, SLOT(getConnLabelFinished(int)));
    thrConnLabel.start();
    @

• Can you post the correct code for your original post?[/quote]

[quote author="JKSH" date="1383197446"]# You said it "has some problem". Can you give more details? Threads work on single-core computers too.

Can you post the correct code for your original post?[/quote]

here is a sample app that shows this.
    i have two threads in which they start simultaneously and they have to update the UI.

@
    MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
    QMainWindow(parent),
    ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    {
    ui->setupUi(this);

model1 = new QStandardItemModel();
    model2 = new QStandardItemModel();

QObject::connect(this, SIGNAL(model1Ready(QStandardItemModel*)), this, SLOT(setdatatoview1(QStandardItemModel*)));
    QObject::connect(this, SIGNAL(model2Ready(QStandardItemModel*)), this, SLOT(setdatatoview2(QStandardItemModel*)));

}

MainWindow::~MainWindow()
    {
    delete ui;
    }

void MainWindow::on_btnstart_clicked()
    {
    QObject::connect(&threadtest1, SIGNAL(started()), this, SLOT(fillModel1()));
    QObject::connect(&threadtest2, SIGNAL(started()), this, SLOT(fillModel2()));
    threadtest1.start();
    threadtest2.start();
    threadtest1.wait(1);
    threadtest2.wait(1);
    }

void MainWindow::setdatatoview1(QStandardItemModel *model)
    {
    ui->lv1->setModel(model);
    }

void MainWindow::setdatatoview2(QStandardItemModel *model)
    {
    ui->lv2->setModel(model);
    }

void MainWindow::fillModel1()
    {
    for(int i = 0; i < 10000; i++)
    {
    QStandardItem *item = new QStandardItem(QString("Item%1").arg(i));
    model1->appendRow(item);
    emit model1Ready(model1);
    }
    }

void MainWindow::fillModel2()
    {
    for(int i = 0; i < 10000; i++)
    {
    QStandardItem *item = new QStandardItem(QString("Item%1").arg(i));
    model2->appendRow(item);
    emit model2Ready(model2);
    }
    }
    @
    but if u run this, one of the QTableWidgets waits for the other thread to get finished then starts to fill

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.