Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Compilation error - 'QFuture' is not declared in this scope - Qt

• Hello there,

I am trying to use QFuture and QtConcurrent classes in my application. I # included <QFuture> like this:

<QtCore/QFuture>

but when i compiled, got a compilation error. I could not event # include QtConcurrent.

Do I need to include something else in my .pro file to use both of these?

thanks

• Moderators

It should work. Did you use some special custom configure flags (if you have compiled Qt yourself)?

• No nothing of that sort. Yeah, its strange. I am using Qt version 4.7.3 on QtCreator.

I just want to try something like

@void myclass::fun()
    {}

void myclass::init()
    {
    QFuture<void> future = QtConcurrent::run(fun);
    future.waitForFinished();
    }@

therefore i want to include QFuture which documentation says should be found in @QtCore@ . Even after including QFuture, I am getting compilation error. QtConcurrent is not even getting included.

Please let me know if there is some issue with this.

• Moderators

I've never used that class. Here is what stackoverflow has to say on this: "link":http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16150961/qfuture-help-threading-c-qt.

So:
    @
    #include <QFuture>
    #include <QtConcurrent/QtConcurrentRun>
    @

• Thanks for putting a search but doesn't work for me. Can you please try creating a hello world app and use these?

• [quote author="raj.qtdev" date="1382959691"]Thanks for putting a search but doesn't work for me. [/quote]

What exactly didn't work for you ? The compiler don't find the QFuture header or other linker error ? What sierdzio said is correct, so you should be fine including QFuture in that way. From what I see you try to run a class member function, in this case you need something like this:
    @
    QFuture<void> future = QtConcurrent::run(this, &myclass::run)
    @

• That is okay @cincirin. The compiler didn't find the QFuture header and the QtConcurrent header that is the main issue. Should be simple thing but don't know what is missing apart from #including the two headers

• Moderators

Perhaps you forgot to include this in your .pro file, but that is unlikely:
    @
    QT += core
    @

Since you have posted it in Mobile and Embedded, let me ask you this: even though you have not compiled Qt yourself, maybe you are aware of some special conditions your platform may be forcing? Maybe threading support is somehow throttled on that hardware?

• Ok, I simply included the two files in this way:
    @
    #include <QFuture>
    #include <QtConcurrentRun>
    @

The project is successfully compiled even with Qt 4.5.3 on both Mac and Windows.