How to Run an event (keypressevent) in the background ?

• I need to be checking the keyboard input for a bar-code-reader (this machine works like a keyboard, typing the code and an "enter" at the end). But I can't keep the parent widget always in front. So, how can I keep the keyPressEvent running?

I found out that QEventLoop may helps, but I don't know how to use it in my constructor. There are not many examples in the Internet.

Thanks for your help.

@class monitor : public QWidget
    {
    Q_OBJECT

public:
    explicit monitor(QWidget *parent = 0);
    ~monitor();
    char code[8];
    void keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent *e);
    QEventLoop loop;

private:
    Ui::monitor *ui;
    };@

• Moderators

Hi,

Try http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2035310/how-can-i-simulate-user-interaction-key-press-event-in-qt

(You don't create your own event loop in your class. QApplication::exec() creates the event loop in the main() function)

• Hi,

first, the title and the content are misleading somehow as they suggest different things: the title request for a "run" as a code generated key press event and the solution is as JKSH hinted, and the content request for a silent key input checking solution :)

for checking the keyboard input silently I use to grab the keyboard input(by grabKeyboard() method ) to a defined widget(QPushButton or whatever) - by this you avoid to check for any sender , and install an event filter for it to fetch key press events

hope this helps!

Cheers!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.