Missing file for compiler

• After loading Qt creator 5 I attempted to build my first GUI and received the following error;
    :-1: error: Qt Creator needs a compiler set up to build. Configure a compiler in the kit options. When I used the options menu under tools to check for a complier I found that one had been auto detected. The compiler info provided was " MinGW 4.8 32 bit". The compiler path listed was "c:\Qt\tools\mingw48_32\bin\gcc.exe". The "gcc.exe" file was not present!!!! When I downloaded the program I received an error message concerning mingw exe crashing , but I selected the "Retry" option and the program loaded with out any further errors. I am brand new to Qt and C++, so pardon my jargon. Can anyone tell me what happened to the gcc.exe file and is it the source of my need a compiler configured error message? Thanks for any help.

• Moderators

It would seem that your MinGW installation has failed. You need to install it again.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.