Use regex within C++ program

• Hello to all,

I have to add a GUI to a C++ program that I'm working on. I'm trying to use regex in the C++ program, but I've found
    that only Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 compiler supports Regex for C++.

Should I do the C++ code in MSVisual Studio and once finish use my C++ source code to add the GUI in Qt or how can I do?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

• You can use the QRegExp class!
    And by using it, you gain portability at no extra cost! =D

• Hello Evellyn,

Thanks for your answer.

I'm new to Qt and I'd like to know if having my current C++ code I can do something like below:

My code looks like this and whithin while loop is where I need to a call to a function to parse a string using regex .

So, can I include the QRegExp code inside my C++ code or the QRegExp code should go in another file and I need to call QRegExp function from C++ code? if yes, how?

@#include <iostream>
    function1 ()
    //My original C++ code

function2 (){
    //My original C++ code
    }

My_RegexFunction(Input) {
    // Qt QRegExp code

}

int main () {
    //My original C++ code

while () {

Myvar=My_RegexFunction(Input);
    }
    }@

Thanks in advance for the help.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You can use QRegExp directly in your code, have a look "at the documentation":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qregexp.html#details to see how to use it.

• Moderators

if you use Qt 5 i would suggest to use "QRegularExpression":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtcore/qregularexpression.html rather than QRegExp.
    Since QRegExp is buggy and not complete and not maintained anymore.
    QRegularExpression in contrary is a implementation of full Perl-compatible regular expressions in Qt.

• Hello SGaist and raven-worx,

Thank you for your answers. I'll check the options you suggest me.

Best regards

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.