Python for Qt version 1.0.0~beta4 "I have altered the deal" released
renato.filho last edited by
The PySide team is happy to announce the fourth beta release of PySide:
Python for Qt. New versions of some of the PySide toolchain components
apiextractor, generatorrunner, shiboken, libpyside, pyside-tools have been
released as well.
Like the others, this is a source code release only; we hope our community
packagers will be providing provide binary packages shortly. To acquire the
source code packages, refer to our download wiki page  or pull the relevant
tagged versions from our git repositories .
Major changes since 1.0.0~beta3
This is a bug fix release. Since beta3, a total of 47 high-priority
bugs have been fixed. See the list of fixed bugs at the end of this message.
Path towards 1.0 release
There are still some outstanding bugs in our Bugzilla . To have these
fixed, we plan to do other beta in two weeks. The beta cycle will continue
until we have all P2 bugs fixed.
PySide is the Nokia-sponsored Python Qt bindings project, providing
access to not only the complete Qt 4.7 framework but also Qt Mobility,
as well as to generator tools for rapidly generating bindings for any
The PySide project is developed in the open, with all facilities you'd
expect from any modern OSS project such as all code in a git repository
, an open Bugzilla  for reporting bugs, and an open design
process . We welcome any contribution without requiring a transfer of
List of bugs fixed
- 624 button click emit doesn't work
- 484 Error compiling QtContacts 1.1 (problems with const QList<QVariant>)
- 498 powerStateChanged-SIGNAL not emitted!
- 509 Can't use Shiboken when both Debug and Released are installed.
- 528 Connecting to SIGNAL positionUpdated fails
- 552 Segmentation fault when using QUiLoader and QTabWidget
- 553 A warning against using QUILoader is needed in the documentation
- 560 Lack of QtCore.Signal documentation
- 582 Python slots don't get called when they have a custom decorator
- 589 Crash related to QGraphicsProxyWidget and QVariant
- 592 shiboken.dll produces a segmentation fault when reloading a PySide module
- 608 Photoviewer example missing license boilerplates and shebang lines
- 609 Python site-packages path cannot be customized
- 610 QWidgetItemV2 not exposed to Python
- 626 Problem building PySide on OS X (qabstractfileengine_wrapper.cpp: No such file or directory)
- 406 Unable to send instant messages using QMessageService
- 458 Doesn't build with QtMobility 1.1.0~beta2
- 487 Support QContactDetailFieldDefinition.setAllowableTypes
- 497 Miising lt operators in QtMobility::QGeoMapObject
- 499 QFeedbackHapticsInterface and QFeedbackFileInterface are broken
- 511 QPainter doesn't respect Qt.NoPen
- 522 example/threads/mandelbrot.py crashes on exit
- 523 QWidget.winId() returns PyCObject (expected unsigned long)
- 530 Importing division from future breaks QPoint division
- 531 sessionProperty "ConnectInBackground" does not work
- 539 MCC and MNC interchanged
- 541 QTableWidget.itemAt(row, col) always returns item at 0, 0.
- 550 Can't call PySide slot from QtScript when the args are a list of anything.
- 556 QGraphicsScene.addItem performs very poorly when the scene has >10000 items
- 562 pyside-uic does not generate some layers properties
- 568 List insertion time grows with list size
- 574 In docs of QUuid there's documentation for a function called "operator QString"
- 575 Strange behaviour of QTextEdit.ExtraSelection().cursor
- 584 python pickle module can't treat QByteArray object of PySide
- 591 QtCore.QRect has no attribute "getRect()" in Windows binary
- 611 enum values lack a tp_print implementation
- 614 FAil to register 2 objects in the same address
- 619 never automatically delete a QWidget that has no parent widget and is visible
- 620 QAbstractItemModel.createIndex(int,int,PyObject*) does not increment refcount
- 621 QGLWidget.bindTexture(QString) does not bind the texture correctly
- 622 PPA pyside is broken on Ubuntu 10.10
- 623 QGLWidget.bindTexture(QPixmap, GLenum, GLenum) is missing
- 625 QFileDialog return a tuple instead of a unicode
- 628 pyside-uic can't effect "headerVisible" attribute for QTreeView and QTreeWidget
- 232 [FTBFS] Fails to build on hurd-i386 (Test "lock" hangs for more than 191 minutes)
- 255 Test qtscripttools_debugger segfaults on ia64
- 298 Contact subtype not correctly set