Do I need qtuio for TUIO multi touch applications?

• Hello,

Yeah, same question how you can read it in title. Do I need qtuio (-project) for TUIO multi touch applications with Windows 8 or is it enough to use Qt 5? I would like to create an gui application on a touch table with Qt.

Thank you for answers!

• Moderators

i dont have any experience with it...but telling from the project description i would say yes.

Maybe also "this":http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/25438 is interesting to you.

• Yes the project by dancasimiro I found too, but I have not yet tested it. He wrote it is just tested on Linux.. and his documentation.. yeah.. there is no documentation.. :(

Do you know, what he means with: I have to pass “-plugin TuioTouch” to my applications. ?

• Moderators

[quote author="fant" date="1380893632"]Yes the project by dancasimiro I found too, but I have not yet tested it. He wrote it is just tested on Linux.. and his documentation.. yeah.. there is no documentation.. :(
    [/quote]
    either way write him directly or check out the source.

[quote author="fant" date="1380893632"]
    Do you know, what he means with: I have to pass “-plugin TuioTouch” to my applications. ?[/quote]

i believe that's an default parameter handled by Qt itself. So call your application like this:
    "myapp.exe -plugin TuioTouch"

• Oh, thank you very much. :)

Yes, currently I am writing him a message.

• Hello fant,

Did you receive an answer from dancasimiro ? Have you tested his work on windows ?

I have to develop Qt apps using TUIO for Windows 7/8.

Thank you for answers !

• Hello Jena43,

Yes, I am receiving an answer, his library is only tested on Linux.

bq. The library is designed as a Qt plugin so that I any qt
    application can use it without write special TUIO code. The TUIO events are converted to Qt events and delivered through the Qt event loop.

But I did not test it, I had problems with the cmake file.
    According to my search for using Qt with TUIO I had to give up, it is not finished enough, furthermore some projects are not really documentated. :(
    Eventually you can use it in future if it should be implemented..

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.