QWebkit 4.8.5 on Mac OS X 10.7 (lion) can't play Flash..

• I'm running a little low on ideas about how to run flash animations in Qt 4.8.5 on Mac OS X Lion. A simple snippet like the one that follows works smoothly both on windows and linux, loading the plugin and showing the relevant content just fine:

@int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    QUrl url("http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about");

QWebSettings *defaultSettings = QWebSettings::globalSettings();
    defaultSettings->setAttribute(QWebSettings::JavascriptEnabled, true);
    defaultSettings->setAttribute(QWebSettings::PluginsEnabled, true);

webview = new QWebView();
    webview->setGeometry(0,0,800,600);
    webview->load(url);
    webview->show();

return app.exec();
    }@

I tried pretty much everything and after a thorough research on this topic these are the steps I followed with no luck:

• homebrew install (compiled OK as a 64bit binary, but flash won't play)
    • homebrew install -universal (compiling sadly failed)
      downloaded qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5 off digia and compiled as arch i386 since I read the flash plugin supposedly requires a patch to run as a 64bit library, even though there's NO issue whatsoever in chromium (not chorme) and safari (qt compiled and installed OK as a 32bit binary in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.5/, qmake worked great, but flash won't play)
    • tried several older flash plugins by removing and reinstalling the files in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ since you never know with flash... (didn't change a thing, no luck)
    • tried stripping the various versions of Flash Player.plugin of the x86_64 version with ditto --arch in order to show up just as a 32bit plugin (again, no luck)

My question is: is there ANYBODY that was ever able to run flash animations with Qt 4 and QWebkit on Mac OS X? If so, would anybody care to share his exact steps?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.