Qt For iOS - Accessing Camera Roll

• Hi,

I have been looking at the Technology Preview for iOS and was trying to figure out how I would go about accessing the camera roll. With iOS there are a couple different ways of doing this (UIImagePickerController and ALAssetsLibrary) but I can't seem to locate a comparable API in the current technology preview. Is this something that is currently possible? Am I overlooking something?

Thanks

• Moderators

as you said it's just a Technology preview and still there is a lot functionality missing. So is the full support of the Qt Multimedia module. You probably can expect everything to work with the Qt 5.2 release.

But i think you can use "OpenCV":http://opencv.org/downloads.html for now.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

I might be wrong, but I think TimBanks wants to access the image/video data from iOS not the actual camera. I don't think this is implemented.

Maybe using QMacCocoaViewContainer ?

• Moderators

you are right! sorry.

• It's not implemented, and won't be part of Qt 5.2. The Digia iOS plugin doesn't support (and probably won't for some time still) mixing UIKit and Qt UI functions in the same app. Mixing UI frameworks is supported by the Qt4iOS iOS plugin, but there is no specific support for the image picker as yet (although in theory it would be fairly simple to implement).

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.