Qt5.1 osg3.2.0 Compiling osgtQt: Failed to find "glu32" in "".
I'm trying to compile the Qt-Library osgQt, because it's not provided in the precompiled packages (at least not for Windows 7(x64) and MSVS 11 - x64). Therefore I'm following these instructions:
- Download osg 3.0.1 sources.
- Generate Visual Studio solution with CMake.
- Open OpenSceneGraph.sln in Visual studio
- Choose debug win32 (or other configuration you want)
- Select osgQt project
- From menu select Build, Build osgQt
But I'm getting into trouble at the second step:
When using CMake 22.214.171.124 I'm receiving the following error:
@ CMake Error at D:/Programme/QT/5.1.0/msvc2012_64_opengl/lib/cmake/Qt5Gui/Qt5GuiConfigExtras.cmake:14 (message):
Failed to find "glu32" in "".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
Because many others had this problem before I followed this instruction
bq. So it worked for me(at least the CMake coniguration, didnt try to actually use it in compilation yet).
Steps to reproduce:
- I used precompiled version of Qt 5.1(the one with OpenGL x64 for VS2012). To use it should be fine for you, as Qt 5.1 should support OpenGL3.2+ profiles out of the box, i dont think you need to use Glew anymore, just look at http://qt-project.org/doc/qt->5.1/qtgui/qabstractopenglfunctions.html hierarchy
- Installed Win SDK 8.0. But i think 7.0 could be fine.
set (CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH “C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64”)
line to my cmake file.
That’s where glu32.lib and similar files are located.
- Run cmake-gui configure&generate, using VS 11 win64 as generator.
It tried both (not during the same building process):
@ set(CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH “D:\Programme\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Lib\x64”)
set(CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH “C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64”)@
Does anybody has an idea how to fix this or if not a precompiled Version of osgQt for Qt 5.1 with osg 3.2.0 and MSVS2012 on Windows7(x64)?
Thanks in advance.
I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to fix this issue on windows 8 seeing the exact same symptoms and other junk. If you have gotten over this already, please let me know, because I seriously need to get unblocked!
set (CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH “C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64”)
Thanks for that.
Doesn't fix it for me, I tried
set (CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64")
set (CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64")
set (CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64")
Qt 5.3 beta OpenGL