Portable build

• I built Qt sources statically as following but build path saved and not able to be portable!

[code]configure -no-warnings-are-errors -qt-pcre -qt-libpng -ltcg -release -developer-build -static -qt-sql-sqlite -qt-zlib -qt-libjpeg -opengl desktop -nomake examples -nomake tests[/code]

How can I get create a portable build of Qt?

BTW,
    I'm using Windows 7
    I forced to add the following to each .pro:
    @QMAKE_LFLAGS += -static -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -lpthread@

How can I get rid of that line?

• I forgot to add error of building process:
    [code]mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Qt/Qt5.1.0/5.1.0/Src/qtbase/lib/libQt5Widgets.a', needed by 'release\twst.exe'. Stop.
    makefile:34: recipe for target 'release' failed
    mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2
    15:02:13: The process "C:\Qt\Qt5.1.0\Tools\mingw48_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited with code 2.
    Error while building/deploying project twst (kit: Qt 5.1 static)
    When executing step 'Make'[/code]

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What do you mean by portable build ?

• bq. What do you mean by portable build ?

Doesn't related to specific path (absolute path). Note this line:

@mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Qt/Qt5.1.0/5.1.0/Src/qtbase/lib/libQt5Widgets.a', needed by 'release\twst.exe'. Stop.@

it asks for C:/Qt/Qt5.1.0/5.1.0/Src/qtbase/lib/ where it should be relative path!

BTW, The option -developer-build should fix this issue but it seems it doesn't

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Qt builds are not "portable" like that i.e. qmake has some paths hardcoded

the -developer-build option does an "in-place" build that you can use, it means you don't need to "make install" after the build step and is generally used to develop Qt rather than when you use it.

• bq. Qt builds are not “portable” like that i.e. qmake has some paths hardcoded

Is there any way to configure a build with related paths?

• BTW, the binary build of Qt itself is relative paths!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Can you post an example of these relative paths ?

Just tested the Qt 5.1 msvc binary install, it uses full path to the libraries and relative path to the includes

• bq. Can you post an example of these relative paths ?

Try to install Qt 5.1.1 through binary install of MinGW to specified path then move it to another place it will run perfectly!

• Is there any progress guys?

Why the official build of Qt works any where (portable) while when I build Qt by myself it needs absolute paths?

UPDATE: I wonder do they use undocumented build options?

• bump it once again hopeful someone find out how to Qt guys create portable builds!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.