[SOLVED] Reg : Need some help with using custom StyledItemDelegate - Column Not Resizing

• Hello
    I am facing the following issue. I have three SytedItemDelegates (comboboxdelegate - to display comboboxes ; datedelegate for displaying delegates and picturedelegate for displaying QPixmap). I then call setItemDelegate for column for corresponding display requirement.
    However, when the code runs the photo column does not show correctly. I need to manually click the row number for it to resize. Any pointers will be helpful.

• Moderators

did you reimplement sizeHint() of your delegates correctly?

• Thanks for the reply.

This is the sizeHint code for

1. comboboxdelegate

QSize mycomboboxdelegate:: sizeHint(const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
    {
    return QSize(80,80);
    }
    void mycomboboxdelegate::paint(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
    {

painter->drawText(option.rect,Qt::AlignCenter,index.data(Qt::DisplayRole).toString());

}

1. DateDelegate

QSize mydateeditdelegate:: sizeHint(const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
    {
    qDebug()<<"Photo Delegate Called";
    return QSize(80,80);

}
    void mydateeditdelegate::paint(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
    {

QStyleOptionViewItemV4 display_option(option);
    display_option.text = QDate::fromString(index.data().toString(), Qt::ISODate).toString("ddd dd/MMM/yyyy");
    QApplication::style()->drawControl(QStyle::CE_ItemViewItem, &display_option, painter);

}

1. Photo Delegate

QSize myphotodelegate:: sizeHint(const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
    {
    return QSize(80,80);
    }
    void myphotodelegate::paint(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
    {
    QByteArray array = index.data().toByteArray();
    QPixmap pixmap;
    pixmap.loadFromData(array,"PNG",Qt::AutoColor);
    pixmap.scaled(80,80,Qt::KeepAspectRatio,Qt::FastTransformation);
    painter->drawPixmap(option.rect,pixmap);
    }

Code where the above delegates are called.

ui->tableView->setModel(employmentstatus);
    ui->tableView->setItemDelegateForColumn(2,photodelegate);
    ui->tableView->setItemDelegateForColumn(3,combodelegate);
    ui->tableView->setItemDelegateForColumn(5,combodelegate);
    ui->tableView->setItemDelegateForColumn(6,combodelegate);
    ui->tableView->resizeColumnsToContents();
    ui->tableView->resizeRowToContents(2);

Please help

• Moderators

please use code-tags ... it's a pain reading code like this without it.

• One Question, I am creating the above mentioned delegates and passing through the constructor the form name. Based upon form name, i am returning the QSize, Would this be a better approach when I am using the same delegates for multiple formats.

• Hello Sorry for bothering, but can you provide me a tip on using code tags.

• Moderators

[quote author="roahanramesh" date="1377004715"]Hello Sorry for bothering, but can you provide me a tip on using code tags. [/quote]
    There is convenience button in the "toolbar" when you write/edit a post. But it's a simple as surrounding your code with @-signs.

1. MyDateDelegate .cpp implementation
      @QSize mydateeditdelegate:: sizeHint(const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
      {
      qDebug()<<"Date Delegate Called";
      return QSize(80,80);

}
    void mydateeditdelegate::paint(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
    {

QStyleOptionViewItemV4 display_option(option);
    display_option.text = QDate::fromString(index.data().toString(), Qt::ISODate).toString("ddd dd/MMM/yyyy");
    QApplication::style()->drawControl(QStyle::CE_ItemViewItem, &display_option, painter);

}
    @

1. MyCombobox Implementation
      @
      QSize mycomboboxdelegate:: sizeHint(const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
      {
      return QSize(80,80);
      }
      void mycomboboxdelegate::paint(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
      {

painter->drawText(option.rect,Qt::AlignCenter,index.data(Qt::DisplayRole).toString());
      }
      @

2. PictureDelegate Implementation
      @QSize myphotodelegate:: sizeHint(const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
      {
      return QSize(80,80);
      }
      void myphotodelegate::paint(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
      {
      QByteArray array = index.data().toByteArray();
      QPixmap pixmap;
      pixmap.loadFromData(array,"PNG",Qt::AutoColor);
      pixmap.scaled(80,80,Qt::KeepAspectRatio,Qt::FastTransformation);
      painter->drawPixmap(option.rect,pixmap);
      }
      @

3. Code where the above delegates get called and implemented
      @ employmentstatus = new QSortFilterProxyModel(this);
      employmentstatus->setSourceModel(branchfilter);
      employmentstatus->setDynamicSortFilter(true);
      employmentstatus->setFilterKeyColumn(-1);
      employmentstatus->setFilterRegExp("ACTIVE");

combodelegate = new mycomboboxdelegate(formname,this);
      datedelegate = new mydateeditdelegate(formname,this);
      photodelegate = new myphotodelegate(formname,this);

ui->tableView->setModel(employmentstatus);
      ui->tableView->setItemDelegateForColumn(2,photodelegate);
      ui->tableView->setItemDelegateForColumn(3,combodelegate);
      ui->tableView->setItemDelegateForColumn(5,combodelegate);
      ui->tableView->setItemDelegateForColumn(6,combodelegate);
      ui->tableView->resizeColumnsToContents();
      ui->tableView->resizeRowsToContents();
      @

• Moderators

I'm not sure if it will solve your problem:
    but also set the delegate for the whole view.
    @
    ui->tableView->setItemDelegate(photodelegate);
    @

And you could also combine your 2 delegates and implement them in 1 single implementation. This saves you the amount of code to manage.
    You get also the QModelIndex passed to the methods, which lets to check in which column you currently are.

• I tried to use this approach, but however, in places where the delegates dont get applied, the lineedit does not appear, It crashes the software, could you please help.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.