QSGGeometry / scenegraph: how to reuse data from QSGGeometry

• Hi,

I am using scenegraph to generate a chart and so each x ms I get a new data sample from the input module. Now I regenerate the data constantly using a for loop:
    @
    QSGGeometry* geometryNewLine = mNodeNewLine->geometry();
    geometryNewLine->allocate(mLoopVertices->newLineVertices.count());
    QSGGeometry::ColoredPoint2D *verticesNewLine = geometryNewLine->vertexDataAsColoredPoint2D();

for (int i=0; i<mLoopVertices->newLineVertices.count(); i++)
        {
            color = mLoopVertices->newLineVertices.at(i).second ? colorInspiration : colorExpiration;
            verticesNewLine[i].set(//adapt vertice
                                   mLoopVertices->newLineVertices.at(i).first.x, mLoopVertices->newLineVertices.at(i).first.y,
                                   //adapt color
                                   color.red(), color.green(), color.blue(), color.alpha()
                                   );
        }

@
    But this is taking quite some time and performance of course ... now I do not seem to see in the documentation a method for updating this with one new sample at the time? Do I always need to copy everything?

A immediate easy update could be using a QVector in code outside of the updatePaintNode and then get the data as an array out of it and doing a memcopy or some sort (std::copy).

Still I wonder if there is not an easier way of updating part of the data through QSGGeometry instead of always copying everything,

thanks in advance,

kind regards,

Tim

[edit, code tags added, koahnig]

• Moderators

Please check out the "code wrapping section":http://qt-project.org/wiki/ForumHelp#e3f82045ad0f480d3fb9e0ac2d58fb01 in the forum help. This helps to make your code more readable in the forum.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.