Cross Platforming

• Hey People,
    Im a bit new to Qt.
    Im running Qt 5.x in my Arch Linux. I wrote a basic text Editor.
    Now i can easily build this program in Linux, but i want an executable for Windows, built from Qt5/X11.
    So how do i do that!
    Thanks!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

If you are only using Qt and standard C++ features, you can try to cross-compile your application with the mingw cross-compiler (I don't know the corresponding package name for Arch, just for ubuntu).

Solution number 2 is to have a virtual machine with windows installed and the Qt 5 mingw package (it's the fastest way to get a working Qt environment up and running on windows) and build your software there.

Hope it helps

• Thanks for your reply.
    Ok i tried the method 2(before posting this thred), bt when i built it i got shuck in half way. I mean not stuck, my processor usage was still high bt it was taking ages, so i closed it(thinking there would be some other way around).
    [quote author="SGaist" date="1376595218"]Hi and welcome to devnet,

If you are only using Qt and standard C++ features, you can try to cross-compile your application with the mingw cross-compiler (I don't know the corresponding package name for Arch, just for ubuntu).

Solution number 2 is to have a virtual machine with windows installed and the Qt 5 mingw package (it's the fastest way to get a working Qt environment up and running on windows) and build your software there.

Hope it helps[/quote]

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Did you compile from QtCreator ?

• yes! i used Qt creator!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then you have a compile panel that shows you what is happening. Have a look at it to see if there is something fishy going on

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.