Qt 5.1, Qwt 6.1, on Windows gives undefined reference to Qwt::function()
Well I feel like a real newbie. This problem should be obvious to me but I have not been able to solve it. and my tired old brain is just not seeing it.
TEMPLATE = app
TARGET = qmmvari
QT += widgets
CONFIG += qt thread exceptions
win32: CONFIG += windows
unix: CONFIG += x11
INCLUDEPATH += C:/Projects/C++/qwt-6.1.0/src/
INCLUDEPATH += "C:\Program Files\Jack\includes\"
DEPENDPATH += C:/Qwt-6.1.0/lib/
DEPENDPATH += "C:\Program Files\Jack\"
INCLUDEPATH += /home/ken/Projects/C++/qwt-6.1.0/src/
INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/jack/
INCLUDEPATH += qjack/
DEPENDPATH += /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/jack/
DEPENDPATH += /home/ken/Projects/C++/qwt-6.1.0/lib/
MOC_DIR = moc
RCC_DIR = rcc
OBJECTS_DIR = obj
HEADERS += vumeter.hpp waterfall_widget.hpp
RESOURCES += application.qrc
win32: LIBS += -LC:/Qwt-6.1.0/lib/ -lqwtd
win32: LIBS += -L"C:\Program Files\Jack\jack\" ljack_portaudio
LIBS += -L/usr/lib/ -llibqwt
LIBS += -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/jack/ -ljack_alsa
*Updated after last post...
The linker gives an error : cannot find lqtmaind
and undefined reference to QwtThermo::setOrientation()... and many similar - basically any widget function from the Qwt widgets library.
I think this is a combination of problems but I have not been able to untangle them yet.
Anyone have suggestions?
BTW I have checked the pathnames a dozen times or more and all are valid.
Concerning the Qwt part I can see, that you try to build against the Qwt build directory instead of installing it properly.
Well the link you used is not there anymore, but I did find other pages that explain what you were trying to point to. That has (I think) cleared the Qwt issue).
However I still have this nagging error about -lqtmaind that I both do not understand and cannot find much relevant documentation on.
There was a trailling dot at the end of the link ( fixed ).
Better don't trust any other pages - there are trillions of outdated or misleading howtos on the web.
Noted, but does not help with the linker problem. It appears to be limited to Windows as there are other issues on Linux.
This project now runs fine on Linux but I still get the "can't find -lqmaind" error on Windows.
Re-installation of Qt 5.1 did not change anything. I am just going to work on the Linux version and hope someone will come up with a workable solution.