[solved] QT 4.8 + OS X 10.6 or above + sparkle framework : How to integrate and deploy ?

• Currently I am developing a QT based app which I want to deploy on windows, linux/ubuntu & OS X 10.6 or above. I want the app to auto update itself. I have already done the job for ubuntu which was pretty straight forward. For OSX I came across Sparkle framework. But I could not find any guide to using it properly with QT creator and my qt project. I am very new to this all can you all please help me with it.

Setup :
    OS X : 10.6
    QT : 4.8
    Sparkle framework

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

For the integration part, you can link Sparkle like any other framework.
    To mix it with Qt you'll have to use Objective-C++ (mixing objective-c and c++ in the same file)

Create a C++ interface to talk with Sparkle from your main program, that can be a QObject and do all the operations related to Sparkle in the implementation file.

Hope it helps

• Hi SGaist ,

I am pretty new to this, can you point me to a basic tutorial/example of this. Any example which accomplish the same goal will work for me.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

"This":https://el-tramo.be/blog/mixing-cocoa-and-qt/ is an example about mixing Qt and Cocoa and it has the benefit of using Sparkle

Hope it helps

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.