How can I get a network filename without QFiledialog::getopenfilename()?

• good morning boys, Now I meet a problem,I want to download a network file which's action look like QFileDialog::getOpenFileName(), for example , it will download a copy of file to the temp directory in windows, I has try QFile,but it doesn't work.
    PS: I wanted to get this file's name which is in a system temporary directory.
    thank you.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What did you try and what doesn't work (or how does it fail) ?

• Moderators

You can get temp directory with:
    @
    QString dir(QDesktopServices::storageLocation(QDesktopServices::TempLocation));
    @

But your description of the problem is so unclear I'm not even sure what do you want. As SGaist said, we need more info to help you.

• In MSVC, it has such a function name urldownloadtocachefile,while we use QFileDialog::getopenfilename to get a network file, it would call this function to do a downloading,so the QFileDialog::GetOpenFileName return a local file such as "C:\Users\D15133\AppData\Local\Temp....something."

What I wanted to ask is :"Is Qt has a method to do something like MSVC's UrlDownloadtoCache?"

thanks.

• Moderators

There is QTemporaryFile. Or you can simply use QDesktopServices I've told you about before. THen just pass that path to the code that does downloading for you.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.