How to show/hide checkboxes “on the fly” on a QFileSystemModel?

• I work on QFileSystemModel to make it more flexible.

I've set the directory/file checkable
    Setted empty dirs non-collapsable
    Added the support of Tri-state to _PartiallyCheck_ parents of checked elements
    Show/Hide "on the fly" PartiallyChecks

But a this point, i block on a behavior.

I want to show/hide "Checked/Unchecked" checkboxes on the fly

So, I've edit my flag method:

@Qt::ItemFlags FSModel::flags(const QModelIndex& index) const
    {
    Qt::ItemFlags flag = QFileSystemModel::flags(index);

// set flag to have only first column checkable
    if ((index.column() == 0) && (m_user_checkable)) {
        flag |= Qt::ItemIsUserCheckable;
    }

return flag;

}@

note: m_user_checkable is a boolean which active/desactive checkboxes for the model.

I've put "@qDebug() << filePath(index) << index.flags();@" inside my handler, for outputs flags of the index where I click, to see his value before and after "m_user_checkable" changes. So, I'm sure that index flags change but the checkboxes stay visibles :/

Did you know a way to hide these checkboxes once they are showed ?

PS: ask if you want the whole code here... (~ 500 lines)

Thanks

• Moderators

your model needs to tell the view that something has changed. Meaning tell the view that a item's checkbox isn't available anymore.
    You may try to trigger QAbstractItemModel::dataChanged() signal when a checkbox for an index isn't available anymore.
    Then the view should regather the data from the model...

Alternatively you can call QAbstractItemModel::reset() if the checkboxes for all indexes changes.

• It sounds to me you are looking for "something like this":/wiki/QSortFilterProxyModel_subclass_to_add_a_checkbox ?

• Not really, my code already provides all these features.

Now, I want to build a function which show/hide checkboxes once tree is already rendered.

Imagine the situation: you have a button, and if you click it, it call the fonction that show or hide checkboxes of the list.

• [quote author="raven-worx" date="1375442462"]your model needs to tell the view that something has changed. Meaning tell the view that a item's checkbox isn't available anymore.
    You may try to trigger QAbstractItemModel::dataChanged() signal when a checkbox for an index isn't available anymore.
    Then the view should regather the data from the model...

Alternatively you can call QAbstractItemModel::reset() if the checkboxes for all indexes changes.[/quote]

Sry, i wasn't pay attention to your message before...
    I had already added "dataChanged()", but your message gave me indirectly the solution...

dataChanged... Data changed... hum, data had changed? Oh my god, the datas have changed...

I hadn't added the condition in the data() method

@QVariant FSModel::data(const QModelIndex& index, int role) const
    {
    if (index.isValid()) {
    // HERE, i added "m_user_checkable && " before "role == Qt::CheckSt..."
    if (m_user_checkable && role == Qt::CheckStateRole && index.column() == 0) {
    // item checked only if we have stored its path
    if (m_checked.contains(filePath(index))) {
    return Qt::Checked;
    }
    if (m_partially_check_parents && m_partially_checked.contains(filePath(index))) {
    return Qt::PartiallyChecked;
    }
    return Qt::Unchecked;
    }
    }
    return QFileSystemModel::data(index, role);
    }@

Just this boolean... now it works perfectly :p

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.