Installing Qt - need to add anything to the PATH environment variable?

• When installing Qt i picked this option:

bq. Qt 5.1.0 for Windows 64-bit (VS 2012, 525 MB) (Info)

Does libraries and everything comes with this install or do I need to install anything else separately?

After installing, do I need to add anything to the PATH environment variable? As for now I only have this (in the PATH) that's seems to have anything to do with Qt:

@.../QTSystem/...@

• Moderators

[quote author="Ptolemy" date="1375395533"]When installing Qt i picked this option:

Qt 5.1.0 for Windows 64-bit (VS 2012, 525 MB) (Info)

Does libraries and everything comes with this install or do I need to install anything else separately?[/quote]You need to install the compiler separately -- that's all. You can get the compiler by installing VS 2012 or the Windows 8 SDK.

[quote]After installing, do I need to add anything to the PATH environment variable?[/quote]No, don't add Qt to your PATH. Let your IDE take care of paths.

• Using the Qt Creator IDE is the easiest
    • You can also use Visual Studio (Professional and above) with the Visual Studio Add-In (downloaded "separately":http://qt-project.org/downloads )
    • Using Visual Studio Express is difficult

[quote author="Ptolemy" date="1375395533"]As for now I only have this (in the PATH) that's seems to have anything to do with Qt:

@.../QTSystem/...@
    [/quote]
    That's Apple QuickTime, not Qt.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.