Qt WRT pushed into Maemo Extras-devel

• I just pushed Qt Web Runtime into Maemo Extras-devel repository. You can install it with:
    @apt-get install qtwrt-experimental@

Have fun!

NOTE: This push is not maintained by Nokia in anyway :)

• This is great news!

Going to try it out right now!

• How can I try it out?

There is no executable that starts by: "qt" or "wrt" that I can use, and no icon.

• [quote author="detronizator" date="1279641576"]How can I try it out?

There is no executable that starts by: "qt" or "wrt" that I can use, and no icon.[/quote]

No, there is no icon as WRT is not an application, but a framework like Qt.
    Please check the README file in the source tar ball, and see how to install widgets.

• Yeah, I did that.

Now I'm even more curious: I want to understand how did you separate the pure WRT stuff from the code to integrate/hook into the Installer of Maemo.

• Sorry, but I don't understand your question clearly. Do you mean how the installer is triggered when clicking on the .wgt files in file manager?
    If so, please go and check the code at app/widget/platform/maemo/widgetinstaller-launcher. Then the widgetinstaller is launched, then after some sanity checking of the widget, we create the Debian package out of the widget. Finally, we use Hildon framework to trigger the Application Manager.

It should be better to open the generate Debian package with QDesktopServices, but seems there's a bug in Qt 4.6 to prevent us from doing so. The Hildon framework related code will be removed once the fix is enabled by Qt.

Also please note that the implementations in wrt/widgetmanager/src/platform/maemo is heavily re-factored recently to align with different platforms.

• Was not a question! :)

But thanks for the hints on how does it work.

• So how do you get this - apt-get fails on my N900 and when I go the "easy" route through Extras-Devel in Application Manager the "catalogue" fails to refresh with the error 404 Not Found [IP: 21988.186.90:80] on ...fremantle-1.2/free/binary-armel/Packages and ...fremantle-1.2/non-free/binary-armel/Packages. My final try was to open it directly via the browser - but that just sits there sulking and never opens the link.

When you say "This push is not maintained by Nokia in anyway" what does that mean?

• Eventually got qtwrt.install open via the browser - but it then says "Application package not found" - suggestions?

• Well, Nokia only published the source code, but not responsible for the package maintaining in maemo.org. As I'm also the "official" maintainer inside Nokia, to avoid confusion, I added that line to make it clear that Nokia only published the code, but I pushed the code to maemo.org as a personal behavior.

For your problem, it looks like a problem in the server. I just tried again, and everything works fine. If your problem is still there, I suggest you to contact maemo.org to solve it, or try in your desktop to see if you can download those packages.

• Thanks xizzhu, unfortunately the package and Extras-Devel remains unobtainable - I'll contact maemo.org

• Turnes out the Extra-Devel definition in my N900 was missing the distribution - worked like a dream after that :-)

• Great news!!

I'll try ASAP.

• Thanks very much @xizzhu for publishing this package!

• I succesfully tested the Platform Services 2.0 Location API, but I am not successful with the Messaging API. ( request timed out after calling getList() )

What Platform Services are supported in this build?

• [quote author="jbraam" date="1282255187"]I succesfully tested the Platform Services 2.0 Location API, but I am not successful with the Messaging API. ( request timed out after calling getList() )

What Platform Services are supported in this build?[/quote]

The following Device APIs are supported:
    calendar
    commlog
    filesystem
    media
    sensor
    sysinfo
    camera
    contact
    telephony

I'll give more info on the details soon.

• Is there a reason why the landmarks API is not supported?

• hi!

i cannot acces twimgo without the qt wrt...can you help me install it in my n900?
    ive tried installing it in the x term but it says
    apt-get install qtwrt
    E:could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13 permission denied)
    E:unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpk/), are you root?

please help

• @jbraam
    landmarks API is out of the scope for the N900 release.

@oneal
    you need the root priviledge to do that.

• installing qtwrt (1.1.0) failed...
    module wrt-api produced about eleven (11) segfaults, one for each(?) API.

when removing, same happened, 11 segfaults, but finally everything wrt was removed.

then I installed the older qtwrt-experimental, with no problems.

just my experience, don't know if this here is the right place to report this.

I have N900 with PR1.3, standard kernel, nothing special.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.