[Solved]-Why no mouse button state information in the mouse move event?

• Hello,

I understand from theory and practice that the mouse move events don't provide individual button state information as such.

I am interested to understand the rational behind the decision to do it this way. I know there are other ways to get the information and I use them myself. However, it would be kind of easier for us all if it was just "there for the asking" as it is with the other mouse events.

I am not trying to critical or anything. I am just interested to know why it is done that way :-).

My thanks to anyone who is kind enough to humour me with an answer.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

you mean that

@
    QMouseEvent::buttons()
    @

doesn't work for you?

• Thank you for your reply,

Good point sir, I see that I might not be understanding the document correctly. I did not get any states when I tried this one. Since your comment indicates it one should get the states with the buttons() function there must be some other issue in my code that is blocking it.

I thought it strange to not get the states hence my question.

Thank you for your help I will look into it again.

• Hello Again,

I can now get the mouse button states in the mouse move event. It was my fault that they were not coming through to where I needed them.

I am relieved to know it was not problem with Qt.

Thank again for your advice.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.