Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QGraphicsRectItem - mouseMoveEvent setting the rect /capture Control modifier when using itemChange

• I have a QGraphicsRectItem within a QGraphicsScene, which should be movable within the scene and to help achieve the behavior I 've set the following flags within the QGraphicsRectItem object's constructor and defined itemChange and mouseMoveEvent.

@ setFlags(QGraphicsItem::ItemIgnoresParentOpacity|
    QGraphicsItem::ItemIsMovable|
    #if QT_VERSION >= 0x40804
    QGraphicsItem::ItemSendsScenePositionChanges|
    #endif
    QGraphicsItem::ItemIsSelectable);

#if 0
    QVariant GVHelper::itemChange(GraphicsItemChange change, const QVariant &value)
    {
      if (change == ItemPositionHasChanged)
      {
        newPos.setX(value.toPointF().x());
        newPos.setY(value.toPointF().y());
        itemNode()->setPositionNoGraphicsItem(newPos);

}

return QGraphicsRectItem::itemChange(change,value);
    }
    #endif
    void GVHelper::mouseMoveEvent(QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent *event)
    {
      Qt::KeyboardModifiers mod = event->modifiers();
      if ((event->buttons() & Qt::LeftButton) && (mod & Qt::ControlModifier))
      {
        newPos.setX(event->scenePos().x());
        newPos.setY(event->scenePos().y());
        printf("Newposition x= %lf y = %lf\n", newPos.x(), newPos.y());
        printf("Items position x= %lf y = %lf\n", itemNode()->position().x(), itemNode()->position().y());
        itemNode()->setPositionNoSceneUpdate(newPos);
      }
    }@

While itemChange alone works perfectly fine, since the need was to move the item only when the CTRL key is been held down, I had to implement the mouseMoveEvent

1. Is there a way to continue to use ItemChange, but capture the mouse/Control key modifiers?

2. With mouseMoveEvent, QGraphicsRectItem new position is based on the mouse-cursor which doesn't account for the boundingRect etc and it doesn't look quite as smooth as itemChange(). Is there a better way to account for the QRectF when using mouseMoveEvent's position?