Getting an HBITMAP

• Hi,

I'm developing an application for windows, and I want to export some QPixmaps as frames of a video. To use that I'm using the VFW (Video For Windows) api. However, the API is expecting HBITMAPS. I see there used to exist a method QPixmap::toWinHBITMAP, but it has been removed in the latest version of Qt.

After googling a bit, I noticed there's another function now: qt_pixmapToWinHBITMAP, or at least that's what I think. I don't seem to be able to use it, I added its prototype manually, but the linker complains that it can't find it.

So, I have a few questions now. Is there a better way to create a video from Qt on Windows? if there isn't, what do I need to do to make qt_pixmapToWinHBITMAP visible to the linker, should I enable some module in my project file pehaps? should I do something else to get an HBITMAP from a QPixmap?

Thanks!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

IIRC this function is part of "qtwinextras":http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtwinextras , you have to download and compile this module.

Hope it helps

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.