QFileSystemModel and QTreeView - strange behavior when resetting view.

• Hello.
    I am writing small program for copying files. I use QTreeView and I have inherited from QFileSystemModel, so I was able to add checkboxes to every row in the QTreeView. I also use setNameFilters method connected with QLineEdit, so user can specify what file extensions he wants to display in the QTreeView. I have spotted the following behavior:

1. When I run the program and enter extensions to filter (without touching any node from the QTreeView) everything works fine and files with extensions I have provided are only displayed (and folders of course). When I change the extensions and the view is refreshed, on my "C:/" drive everything is updated and only new set of extensions is displayed. When I expand some other drive that I didn't touch before, it also shows files correctly.

2. When I run the program and expand let say my "C:/" and "D:/" drives I see all directories and files (expected behavior). Then I write some extensions and the view is refreshed. I expand "C:/" drive and everything works fine, only files with extensions I have provided are displayed. Then I go to "D:/" drive and here is the problem. It displays all files. It ignores the filters I have provided. When I open the "E:/" drive that I have not opened before, the files are filtered correctly as in "C:/" drive.

I have concluded, that this behavior has something to do with setRootPath method, because for my QTreeView only in "C:/" drive the filters are working correctly. All other drives that were expanded before change of filters don't work. Those not expanded work just fine.

The question is: How to get this working, so after user changes the filters and reset() method is fired, the whole QTreeView is refreshed and not only root path and not-expanded elements? Maybe there exists some root path that have all the drives as children and it will work as expected? Or maybe I should make some virtual folder in the QTreeView called "MyComputer" and set it to be a parent for all the drives? But how to get list of all the available drives?

I hope that what I wrote is clear for you and you can help me to get this working.

• I have posted it on stackoverflow.com and i got the answer.

The path shouldn't be "C:/", but "My Computer". @model->myComputer().toString();@

It solves the problem. I have posted the answer here, because maybe someday someone will have the same problem and he will get here looking for help.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.