[SOLVED] QStyleOptionViewItem draw text ?

• Hi,

I am working on a tableView that uses a QStyledItemDelegate. Inside the itemDelegate I am trying to render a QLineEdit with someText but somehow the text is not displayed. eg

@if (condition)
    {
    QStyleOptionViewItem item(option);
    item.rect = option.rect;
    item.text = "Hello World";
    item.palette = QPalette(Qt::Red); // just for test

QApplication::style()->drawPrimitive(QStyle::PE_PanelLineEdit, &item, painter);
    QApplication::style()->drawPrimitive(QStyle::PE_FrameLineEdit, &item, painter);
    }@

But the text is not rendered at all but if I use qDebug() << item.text; it gives the right output.

How to render the text using QStyleOptionViewItem ?

Thanks

• Moderators

i think the problem is that you just don't draw the text ^^

Look at QLineEdit::paintEvent() implementation (<Qt5-src>\qtbase\src\widgets\widgets\qlineedit.cpp).
    In there you will see that at the beginning the frame/panel is drawn and then then alot of code follows just for text rendering...

You can all the code you need from there

or just draw the text with QPainter::drawText() into the rect (using QStyle::subElementRect(QStyle::SE_LineEditContents))

maybe the most wasiest way: hold a QLineEdit widget as member in your delegate and render it:

@
    m_RenderLineEdit.setGeometry(option.rect);
    m_RenderLineEdit.render(painter);
    @

• I think you're passing the wrong type of style option... Note that you'll also need to render the contents of the line edit, not just the frame.

• Thanks for a quick reply !!!!

I changed style option to QStyleOpionFrameV2 (I just checked the source of qlineedit.cpp )

@QApplication::style()->drawPrimitive(QStyle::PE_PanelLineEdit, &item, painter);

QApplication::style()->drawPrimitive(QStyle::PE_FrameLineEdit, &item, painter);

painter->drawText(QApplication::style()->subElementRect(QStyle::SE_LineEditContents, &item),text);@

Now the text is rendered but there is a little offset on the y() value , anyhow i'll adjust that. But what about the palette how to change that ?

Thanks

• Moderators

what exactly do you mean?

• Ok i'll explain in detail,

The background color(yellow/red) of the lineEdit changes based on the validator and the current text. The tableview cell should render the same palette/effect of the lineEdit.

The lineEdit is initialized/editable when a particular cell is clicked. I need to set the same effect for a particular cell. For the tableView each cell contains an object of a class that stores the property like text/palette etc.

Eg I need to render something like

!http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3738/v3c4.png(lineEdit)!

• Moderators

ok, but why do you want to draw a line edit instead of using a real qlinedit widget?
    pro: works our of the box like a qlineedit should
    con: may cause performance

Or why do you want to draw a QLineEdit widget at all and not just simply the text with a background color?

• [quote author="raven-worx" date="1371554769"]ok, but why do you want to draw a line edit instead of using a real qlinedit widget?
    pro: works our of the box like a qlineedit should
    con: may cause performance
    [/quote]

I can't use setInexWidget() performance drops heavily !!!

bq. Or why do you want to use a QLineEdit widget at all?

The lineEdit is initialized in the createEditor(). what else you recommend ?

• Moderators

just draw the text with a simple background is enough for you?

How do you exactly change the background color of the line edit when the QValidator fails? By Stylesheet?

• yes the background color for the lineEdit changes through styleSheets.
    Yes easiest way is to change the background color of the cell.

PS : I was thinking too complex :)

• Moderators

thats why i asked ;)

• One more question I would like to ask , is there anyway we can get the background-color of the lineEdit which is set through stylesheets like in the above image the yellow color is set through stylesheet.

Anything like
    lineEdit->palette().color(QPalette::?????);

• No. It might not even be a color. It might be a brush. Or an image, or...

• Moderators

try QPalette::Background

• and if we are setting the background-color through stylesheets then also its not possible to retrieve the value ?

PS : QPalette::Background return gray color

• [quote author="Sam" date="1371730152"]and if we are setting the background-color through stylesheets then also its not possible to retrieve the value ?[/quote]
    AFAIK: indeed not. The style sheets are not exposed through the public API other then setting them on a widget or the application.

I'd love to be proven wrong on this one though!

• Thanks Andre,

I think then I have to check/set the color for the painter based on properties specified for the lineEdit.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.