Linker cannot find "visual.obj"?

• I recently downloaded Qt 5.0.2 for Visual Studio 2012. I can compile and run most of the included examples, save for the OpenGL-based ones (how do I fix that, BTW?), but I am trying to compile Tiled (www.mapeditor.org) and I get a linker error. I've done quite a bit of searching here and on Google and cannot find a reference to that linker error. For that matter, I cannot find any references to "visual.obj". I have even done a thorough search of both of my hard drives and "visual.obj" doesn't exist on my machine. If this was a Visual Studio error, I would be having problems with Visual Studio, and I'm not, so I guessing this is something related to Qt. I thought it might be an issue with Tiled, but there is no reference to "visual.obj" anywhere in the Tiled source or projects.

What is going on and how do I fix this?

• Moderators

welcome to devnet

Did you have also a look for any other file with visual.* in the folders of your example?
    visual.obj is probably a compiler output and you need to locate how to generate. Scan the makefiles.

• I uninstalled Qt for VS 2012 and installed the version with MinGW and it compiled fine. This is something to do with Qt and Visual Studio.

• Moderators

Good to know that you have a solution.

However, it is not a general Qt with Visual Studio issue. The obvious guess is it has something to do with the combination with the 3rd party project. Possibly some specialization MSVC in the makefile(s).

• I am also running into this problem. I am confused on how to solve this problem. Would it be possible to give an example?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.