Help please!!! Compile and then run the application in qnx!!!

• Hello,
    I am using virtual machine with linux and Momentics SDK to compile Qt for QNX (And also to create binary of my App), here is my configure line:
    @
    configure -xplatform qws/qnx-i386-g++ -embedded i386 -no-gfx-linuxfb -no-mouse-linuxtp -no-kbd-tty -no-qt3support -qt-gfx-qnx -qt-mouse-qnx -qt-kbd-qnx -no-exceptions -opengl es2 -nomake exapmles -nomake tests -nomake demos -nomake webkit -qt-gfx-vnc -opensource
    @
    Then to run app on QNX target I have to kill Photon and execute app with -qws. Also set these:
    @
    export QWS_DISPLAY="VNC:qnx"
    export QWS_KEYBOARD=qnx
    export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO="qnx:/dev/devi/touch0 qnx:/dev/devi/mouse0"
    @

• Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply. I tried killing Photon (>slay Photon), but that killed everything immediately and shutdown the machine. I set the QWS environment variables. I don't have devi/touch0 and devi/mouse0 devices, so I don't know whether that will have any effect. Alas, executing my app with the -qws option did not work for me.
    I will try your configuration parameters, though I know that a number of them will not be accepted by the Windows version of configuration. But I give it a try anyway.

• Well this is what we are using:
    @
    slay Photon
    sleep 2

Start keyboard and mouse driver

/usr/photon/bin/devi-hid -Pr kbd mouse

Start touch driver

/usr/photon/bin/devi-elo -Pr smartset -b9600 -R fd -d/dev/ser2 abs -f/etc/calib
    @
    Instead of killing photon you can try ending session in Photon environment - you click on some exit button and then you can choose if you want to logout, or logout and exit Photon. I don't remember exactly, I am on holiday and don't have any QNX virtual with me to have a look:)
    After starting keyboard,mouse and touch drivers it will look like freezed - but it isn't - you have to control your machine via telnet or ssh.
    I would recommend you to try compiling Qt for QNX on linux, it's easier.

• Hi,

I was able to build the Qt library for QNX on Linux and run a demo Qt app on QNX without photon running. You were right to build the library on a Linux host, as you definitely need a number of configure parameters that the Windows version of configure doesn't support/understand.
    At the moment I'm struggling to get a Qt app running with photon running as well.

• Hi Gentlemen,

I am trying to use Qt 4.8.5 on QNX 6.5-SP1 x86 platform (no photon), but always got error message.
    #./configure -xplatform qnx-x86-qcc -opengl es2 -egl -no-cups -no-xcb -no-eglfs -no-javascript-jit -no-gtkstyle -no-iconv

Which edition of Qt do you want to use ?

Type 'c' if you want to use the Commercial Edition.
    Type 'o' if you want to use the Open Source Edition.

o

The specified system/compiler is not supported:

/tmp/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/mkspecs/unsupported/qnx-g++

Please see the README file for a complete list.

But under mkspecs, it looks "qnx-x86-qcc" should work.
    Could you guys give me a help?

Thanks,
    Albert

• Hi Albert,

Just back from holidays, I saw your request for help. I think you should specify a different xplatform. I used '-xplatform qws/qnx-i386-g++'. I use the same Qt and QNX versions and it worked for me. This is the whole configure command I used:

configure -xplatform qws/qnx-i386-g++ -embedded i386
    -no-gfx-linuxfb -no-mouse-linuxfb -nokbd-tty -no-qt3support -qt-gfx-qnx -qt-mouse-qnx -qt-kbd-qnx -no-exceptions -opensource -little-endian

Mind you: You should build this on a Linux box, since a number of parameters are unknown to the Windows version of configure.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Thank you very much for your help.
    Jan also gave me his/her configuration as:

configure -xplatform qws/qnx-i386-g++ -embedded i386 -no-gfx-linuxfb
    -no-mouse-linuxtp -no-kbd-tty -no-qt3support -qt-gfx-qnx -qt-mouse-qnx
    -qt-kbd-qnx -no-exceptions -opengl es2 -nomake exapmles -nomake tests
    -nomake demos -nomake webkit -qt-gfx-vnc -opensource

They are all very helpful, thank you all.

Best regards,
    Albert

• Hello all,

Can anyone of you explain me how can i run my app developed in qt4.8 in QNX6.5. As i am trying to run my app. while photon is running, GUI is not coming.

These commands i added in /root/.profile
    export QWS_DISPLAY=qnx
    export QWS_KEYBOARD=qnx
    export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=qnx
    export XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/root
    export QMAKESPEC=/usr/qnx650/target/qnx6/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/unsupported/qws/qnx-i386-g++

These are the commands i am executing:

/usr/photon/bin/devi-hid -Pr kbd mouse
    io-display -d vid=0x8086,did=0x27ae
    ./myapp -qws

On the other side when i run same app in text mode i am able to get GUI but touch is not working. For touch driver i am executing this command:

/usr/photon/bin/devi-eGalax -Pr egalax fd -d/dev/ser2 abs &

Please help me, its very urgent

Thanks in advance
    Abhishek

• @portoist Would be possible to get compiled Qt4.8.4 package for QNX 6.5.0 SP1 for x86 platform? I am trying to build it and getting many missing header files errors.