Animated mdi layout ?
I am new to the Qt framework (Qt5) * so I miss some starting point.
Here is what I would like to achieve
- a main window with 2 parts
- a vertical toolbar on the left
- a frame displaying some document contents on the right.
Each open document corresponds to one icon in the toolbar.
When the user clicks on an icon, the corresponding document becomes the active one.
My problem essentially comes from animation.
I would like some transition effect
- either the active document slides to the top to unhide the selected document
- or the selected document slides from the top over the current one.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Hello and welcome,
what you want to achieve can be done easily (to some extent) with help of "QTabWidget":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtwidgets/qtabwidget.html. It supports four tab toolbar locations from the start; the animations are not there though could be specified thanks to the "Animation framework":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtcore/animation-overview.html.
lucky me, I found what I want: SampleSlidingStackedWidget