Pop3S with SSL

• hello,
    i start to wright my own pop3s client but i have problems to connect to the server.
    has anybody any experience with with topic or maybe a manual???? ;-)
    thanx a lot

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Since it's a Qt forum, how is it related to Qt ?

• sorry. ;-) i wanna do it with QSslSocket and C++:

QSslSocket socket
    socket.connectToHostEncrypted(192.168.1.5, 995)

if (!socket.waitForEncrypted(30000))
    qDebug("Not Encrypted!");

socket.waitForreadRead(300);

and i always got "Not Encrypted!".
    But with a normal openssl connection (openssl s_client -connect 192.168.1.5:995) on the bash its no problem to login to the server. i am beginner and don't which further steps are necessary for such an QSslSocket connection.

thx.

• If I'm right: first connection to pop3 server is not encrypted! You then should get answer from server where should be some words about possible communication protocols: SSl, TLS etc, you should tel the server which you would like to use and after that you should do handshake and so on.... But it is already long time ago I have played with this protocols...

• i am still fighting with the POP3 SSL problem, but now i have some little progress and some more infos:

i can connect to the pop3 server with:
    socket.connectToHostEncrypted(192.168.1.5, 995)

than i have following state:
    -This system supports OpenSSL.
    -ClientStateChanged(): ConnectedState
    -ClientModeChanged(): SslClientMode

than i have 2 errors:

• ssl error: The host name did not match any of the valid hosts for this certificate
    • ssl error: The root certificate of the certificate chain is self-signed, and untrusted

but when i ignore these errors: socket.ignoreSslErrors(); than i got the encrypted() signal.
    (is this ignoring ok, or should i create a own certificate????)

when i am waitting for more data from the socket socket.waitForReadyRead(15000) than this function timed out. in the normal way i get this "OK+" from the pop3 server, but here i dont get an answer from the server...

any ideas whats wrong?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.