Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Translations: lupdate throws error on Mac OS X 10.6.8 with Qt 4.8.4

• I see this when trying to update translation strings:
    @lupdate -source-language de_DE -target-language en_GB -locations relative abtransfers.pro
    Updating translations...
    lupdate warning: -target-language usually only makes sense with exactly one TS file.
    /opt/macports-test/share/qt4/mkspecs/features/qt_functions.prf(240): Function 'system' is not implemented
    Project MESSAGE: using QtWebKit
    Project MESSAGE: Subversion revision: exported
    Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtWebKit in directory /opt/macports-test/Library/Frameworks
    Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtGui in directory /opt/macports-test/Library/Frameworks
    Project MESSAGE: qtAddLibrary: found framework QtCore in directory /opt/macports-test/Library/FrameworksUpdating 'abtransfers.en_GB.ts'...
    Found 454 source text(s) (454 new and 0 already existing)
    @
    What is going on here?

qt_functions.prf seems to have problems with 'system'...

Do I need to worry about this?

I ask, because the file contained already tons of translated strings. The update, however, wiped them all away! :-(

• Turns out the non-translated strings were caused by a wrong path specification in the pro file.

But the weird thing concerning the not implemented system function persists.