How to build QtBase 5.0.2 on Windows XP SP3 using msvc2005

• I didn't find enough information on the web, so I figured it out myself how to successfully build the DLLs of QtBase 5.0.2 on Windows XP SP3 using msvc2005. Here's the summary on how I finally succeeded.

From here you can download the modified files: http://cara.nmr-software.org/download/Qt5.0.2_WinXP_SP3_modified_files.zip

Follow these steps:

Change mkspecs\win32-msvc2005\qmake.conf: add -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0503 -DWINVER=0x0503 -D__RPC__deref_out to QMAKE_CFLAGS; add /FORCE to QMAKE_LFLAGS

I used the following options to run configure: -opensource -platform win32-msvc2005 -no-opengl -no-openssl

manually add /FORCE to the Makefile.* of qmake (this doesn't seem to automatically happen, even with the mkspecs modification of point 1).

Replace src\plugins\platforms\windows\qtwindows_additional.h with the version provided (modifications are tagged as ROCHUS)

Replace src\plugins\platforms\windows\qwindowsdialoghelpers.cpp with the version provided (modifications are tagged as ROCHUS)

Replace src\widgets\util\qsystemtrayicon_win.cpp with the version provided (modifications are tagged as ROCHUS)

Run nmake

Like this I was able to build the DLLs; and then to compile and run some examples.

I also noticed that nmake confclean does not delete the the Makefiles, and they aren't recreated by the next run of configure; that's why the changes to mkspecs are not reflected; I therefore had to manually delete Makefile, Makefile.Debug and Makefile.Release (didn't touch Makefiles in the thirdparty folder though).

Hope this helps. Comments are welcome.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.