Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Is it possible to place advertisements on a Qt application?
I googled "Qt creator advertisments" and didn't found anything...
And by advertisments i mean something like adsense..
If there isn't something like that, my only choise is to communicate with companies which will pay a fix number of cash per month (and basically the ad will be something like a picture with a link)?
P.S "for example skype advertisments.":http://skypeblogs.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/advertising-in-skype.png
you could add a qwebview and display the adsense code in there
And is this allowed from Google's side?
Because on adsence website it says
Websites and mobile applications.
so you already know that it's not allowed and still ask?
according to Adsense FAQ:
Google ads, search boxes or search results may not be:
- Integrated into a software application (does not apply to AdMob) of any kind, including toolbars.
- Displayed in pop-ups or pop-unders.
- Placed in emails, email programs, or chat programs. (Does not apply to AdMob.)
- Obscured by elements on a page.
- Placed on any non-content-based page. (Does not apply to AdSense for search, mobile AdSense for search, or AdMob.)
- Placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads.
- Placed on pages whose content or URL could confuse users into thinking it is associated with Google due to the misuse of logos, trademarks or other brand features.
- Placed on, within or alongside other Google products or services in a manner that violates the policies of that product or service.
So it seems they mean software application in general ... no matter which technique you would use.
I don't know about AdMob though...
bq. you could add a qwebview and display the adsense code in there
That's why i asked if it's allowed..
Anywho, you basically say my only solution is:
bq. communicate with companies which will pay a fix number of cash per month (and basically the ad will be something like a picture with a link)?
I guess this is more a question for the people running ad networks.
b1gsnak3 last edited by
If it is possible? Of course it is... If it is allowed? Not really the best place to ask because this is a question suited (as Tobias already said) for the people running ad networks. It is however possible using QtWebkit module :) Best of luck
feldifux last edited by
You can display ads on the Desktop by using native ads by Google. You can customize these to your UI & UX so they fit better into your app.
We created a plugin for AdMob Native Ads with Qt, available here:
This just got released today, you can also see the announcement if you're interested: