Debugger won't break at breakpoints in qt creator

• I have imported a project to Qt Creator (latest gedit from git) and I have now managed to make it run, but I'm still not able to debug it since it won't break at my breakpoints. The gdb output shows this:
    [QUOTE]&"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Inappropriate ioctl for device\n"
    no loadable sections found in added symbol-file system-supplied DSO at 0x7ffff7ffa000[/QUOTE]

The second line is shown when debugging from the terminal too, but not the first one. Breaking works well from the terminal (but I prefer putting my breakpoints graphically).

• Moderators

Did you do a debug build?

The first line is due to GDB not being happy about being embedded into a UI... I have seen this with other IDEs, too. That one can safely be ignored.

• [quote author="Tobias Hunger" date="1365766139"]Did you do a debug build?[/quote]
    Yes. I configured the project with "CFLAGS='-g -O0' ./configure". Then Qt Creator builds with make and runs it. That should do it, right?

• Anyone? This really bugs me out

• What kind of project are you building? Does it consist of shared libraries and such?

• Got a similar error in gdb:

@warning: no loadable sections found in added symbol-file system-supplied DSO at 0x7ffff7ffa000@

I was able to run gdb without problems, but since I've installed the Qt 5 libraries from the installer (as opposed to previously building from Git), this error suddenly showed up.

Any solutions?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.