Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Debugger won't break at breakpoints in qt creator

• I have imported a project to Qt Creator (latest gedit from git) and I have now managed to make it run, but I'm still not able to debug it since it won't break at my breakpoints. The gdb output shows this:
    [QUOTE]&"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Inappropriate ioctl for device\n"
    no loadable sections found in added symbol-file system-supplied DSO at 0x7ffff7ffa000[/QUOTE]

The second line is shown when debugging from the terminal too, but not the first one. Breaking works well from the terminal (but I prefer putting my breakpoints graphically).

• Moderators

Did you do a debug build?

The first line is due to GDB not being happy about being embedded into a UI... I have seen this with other IDEs, too. That one can safely be ignored.

• [quote author="Tobias Hunger" date="1365766139"]Did you do a debug build?[/quote]
    Yes. I configured the project with "CFLAGS='-g -O0' ./configure". Then Qt Creator builds with make and runs it. That should do it, right?

• Anyone? This really bugs me out

• What kind of project are you building? Does it consist of shared libraries and such?

• Got a similar error in gdb:

@warning: no loadable sections found in added symbol-file system-supplied DSO at 0x7ffff7ffa000@

I was able to run gdb without problems, but since I've installed the Qt 5 libraries from the installer (as opposed to previously building from Git), this error suddenly showed up.

Any solutions?