What are the green marks in editor in QtCreator? And how do I get rid of them?

• Hi

I am using dark vim theme along with FakeVim. It is all good and I love it but once in a while I get these green rectangles in white spaces or on the words. I do not know what they are and how to get rid of them. They drove me crazy ;( They are not like type names, function names etc. They just show up and might disappear when I delete the line. I can see that when I mark a line the Vim way I get these greenmarks too. But they are not always after marking, not sure why and how they show up, I wish I can change the color of those because theya re super bright and very distracting with the theme I am using.

Screenshot

http://s17.postimg.org/fdx9tbv4f/Capture.png

thanks

• Can you post an image of that please?

• It is a very low quality image.
    I cannot see any rectangles in it.

• [quote author="CAD_coding" date="1364362747"]It is a very low quality image.
    I cannot see any rectangles in it.[/quote]

Can you try again please? I reposted the right link.

• In the green portion of line containing co [ 0 ], is that space or tab?
    Just as a small advice, there is a an option in settings by which you add spaces instead of tab character when you press the tab key. Try applying that setting & see what you get.
    Since my color scheme is default I haven't seen such odd behaviour.
    Maybe others can answer that better.

• [quote author="CAD_coding" date="1364363225"]In the green portion of line containing co [ 0 ], is that space or tab?
    Just as a small advice, there is a an option in settings by which you add spaces instead of tab character when you press the tab key. Try applying that setting & see what you get.
    Since my color scheme is default I haven't seen such odd behaviour.
    Maybe others can answer that better.[/quote]

Hi

Thanks for the advice however I use tabs only and I doubt these are visualization, because I have disabled such things. I also tried spaces instead of tabs, the result seemed to be same.

I can get these shown by using ">>" (which is indent in Vim) , marking by "m-a" , and couple other mystical ways where I cannot tell how I create them in the middle of the coding sometimes I am not watching clearly.

So I am not sure if it is a FakeVim or syntax highlighter issue :( I looked into the Color syntax there is not any bright green that I can identify as these.

• The best thing you can do is file a bug report at "JIRA":https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa. The concerned person will look into it but you should know how to reproduce it and you can attach the above image as well.

• Moderators

Could those lines use tabs for indention where Creator is configured to use spaces?

• I resolved it by unmarking "Show position of text marks" in FakeVim General menu.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.