[Solved] QComboBox change style

• Hi,

A QComboBox renders the following output when disabled/enabled

disabled
    !http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5448/discombo.png(disabled_combo)!

enabled
    !http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7385/encombo.png(enabled)!

Is there any way that I can render the enabled style even when setEnable is false for QComboBox. My requirement is to disable item selection/showPopup for the combobox on a particular condition.

• Everything is possible, but why do you want to confuse your users by making it look like your combo is enabled when it is not?

• I have the list that contains processed and unprocessed items with different background color. The user is not allowed to change any entry if item is already processed but i want to render the enabled style for combobox as there are other components that are enabled.

Whereas for unprocessed items the user is allowed to make changes as per requirement.

• It still sounds like a Bad Idea(TM) to me. However, one way is to use a proxy style on your combo box and simply manipulate the appropriate flag. Something like this should work:

@
    class EnabledStyle: public QProxyStyle {
    public:
    virtual void drawComplexControl ( ComplexControl control, const QStyleOptionComplex * option, QPainter * painter, const QWidget * widget = 0 ) const;
    }

void EnabledStyle::drawComplexControl ( ComplexControl control, const QStyleOptionComplex * option, QPainter * painter, const QWidget * widget ) const
    {
    if (control == CC_ComboBox && option) {
    QStyleOptionComboBox enabledOption(*option);
    enabledOption.state |= QStyle::State_Enabled;
    QProxyStyle::drawComplexControl(control, &enabledOption, painter, widget);
    } else {
    //simply pass through
    QProxyStyle::drawComplexControl(control, option, painter, widget);
    }
    }
    @

• @Andre

bq. It still sounds like a Bad Idea™ to me.

Thats's the specification I got :)

@void EnabledStyle::drawComplexControl(QStyle::ComplexControl control, const QStyleOptionComplex *option, QPainter *painter, const QWidget *widget) const
    {
    if (control == CC_ComboBox && option)
    {
    QStyleOptionComboBox enabledOption;
    enabledOption.palette = option->palette;
    enabledOption.rect = option->rect;
    enabledOption.state |= QStyle::State_Enabled;
    painter->setPen(QColor(Qt::black));

QProxyStyle::drawComplexControl(control, &enabledOption, painter, widget);

} else {

//simply pass through
        QProxyStyle::drawComplexControl(control, option, painter, widget);
    }

}@

The code works perfect , I owe you a beer :)

Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.