QtSerialPort from QtCreator

• Hi guys,
    I am new in Qt, and I am trying to use the library QtSerialPort. I was following the steps of the wiki in order to run the examples inside, but I get an error by running it.
    I downloaded the qt-qtserialport-master, and I copy this folder into C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\Tools\QtCreator\bin.
    Then I open the QtCreator and I open the project qtserialport.pro which is inside qt-qtserialport-master\qtserialport
    When I compile it, I do not get any problem, but when I run it, I got the error:

Failed to start program. Path or permissions wrong?
    C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\Tools\QtCreator\bin\qt-qtserialport-master\qtserialport-build-Desktop_Qt_5_0_1_MinGW_32bit-Debug\src\serialport\debug\QtSerialPort.exe exited with code -1
    Starting C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\Tools\QtCreator\bin\qt-qtserialport-master\qtserialport-build-Desktop_Qt_5_0_1_MinGW_32bit-Debug\src\serialport\debug\QtSerialPort.exe...
    Cannot retrieve debugging output.

The folder \qtserialport-build-Desktop_Qt_5_0_1_MinGW_32bit-Debug\src\serialport inside qt-qtserialport-master was created, but inside there is not any debug\QtSerialPort.exe. Here I can only find:

• folders: .moc and .obj
    • files: MakeFile, MakeFile.Debug, MakeFile.Release, Qt5SerialPort_resource.rc, Qt5SerialPortd_resource.rc

Can anybody help me???? I have already tried to run the qtserialport.pro from different paths in my Qt installation but no luck.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

As you know, QtSerialPort is not a program, it is a library so no executable will be generated.

You have to create a new project using it in order to test it

• Hi SGaist,
    thank you very much. My problem is that I did not know it. For any reason, I was thinking this project would create the libraries and a kind of user interface, where I can choose between the different example subprojects, which use the library.

Thank u again and sorry for ur time

The thread can be closed

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.