Qt installation folders

• Hi all,
    I am new with Qt and moreover I start with it in the PC of a workmate, where he has already installed Qt.
    First of all, I would like to know why I can found projects in different folders of the Qt installacion:
    I find Qt under C:\Qt, then I have three folders inside:

• Git
    • Qt5.0.1
      I think the first one is because of a previous installation. I continue in the third one C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1, and I found several files and folders, the most relevant:
      -Tools
      Here is where I get confused, since I can found examples and projects by
      -C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\5.0.1\mingw47_32
      and by
      -C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\Tools\QtCreator\bin
      Moreover by tools folder I found the path C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\Tools\MinGW, which provides (I think) the compiler, but if yes, what is C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\5.0.1\mingw47_32?

Could anybody explain me what is the difference between examples in Tools\QtCreator\bin and examples in 5.0.1\mingw47_32?
    Should I set anything in QtCreator projects mode in order to compile and run examples in 5.0.1\mingw47_32? I am trying to do so, and QtCreator can not compile them.

Sorry for my ignorance.

• Hi

bq. Here is where I get confused, since I can found examples and projects by
    -C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\5.0.1\mingw47_32
    and by
    -C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\Tools\QtCreator\bin

sure? under -C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\Tools\QtCreator\bin i can't find examples

bq. Moreover by tools folder I found the path C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\Tools\MinGW, which provides (I think) the compiler, but if yes, what is C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\5.0.1\mingw47_32?

in C:\Qt\Qt5.0.1\5.0.1\mingw47_32 you find Qt built with MinGW

bq. Should I set anything in QtCreator projects mode in order to compile and run examples in 5.0.1\mingw47_32? I am trying to do so, and QtCreator can not compile them.

What kind of error you see on Creator building examples?

Bye

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.