QQuick(PaintedItem) inside a flickable

• As follow up to this : http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/25805/

I'm using a QQuickPaintedItem, drawing some lines.
    Now, I want to put it inside a flickable and update the drawing depending on the scroll position.
    I see that paint () is not called at each frame, so I don't know how to tell the item to repaint when the flickable scroll position is changed.

(at the moment I tryed doing something like this, but seems a little weird)

• have the QQuickPaintedItem "outside" the flickable, having it's size (anchors.fill : flickable)

• draw the item each 300ms, via update()

• bind the X position of the item to the flickable "contentX", so it basically scrolls the already-painted items without re-calling paint ()

• everytime I trigger the timer , update the item () , and reset the X of the item to "0"

If make the item bigger than the flickable, I can get a smooth scrolling without seeing the updates (though there is some flicker when the X position is reset).
    I feel this is not the correct way to do this!

as an alternative option: is it possible to get an QSGNode low-level geometry out of a QPainter ? Maybe in this way I could transform the nodes depending on the contentX position, but I don't want to loose the QPainter benefits

• I am also curious if there is a way to "borrow" the geometry QPainter generates when used on a OpenGL paint device, that could prove useful and save math headaches.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.