QFileDialog sheets

• I would like to display QFileDialog::getSaveFileName() as a sheet on MacOS. I tried to set dialog parent to the window but it still shows up as normal floating dialog. I' using Qt 5.

Please, how to make it display like a sheet? If it is not possible, how to create a save dialog as a sheet?

• I don't know if you can modify the window flags of a dialog as it has it's own flag. However, you can create a subclass of QWidget and create your own dialog. You basically need two listviews (one for the system directories, another one for the contents of the Directory selected), a lineEdit in which the user selects the name and a combo box in which he can select the file type. Along with 2 buttons. Depending on your desired file type you use the specific methods to create a file (E.G. for a text file you use TextStream) and you save the file where the user needs it to be saved. Just don't forget to set the widget window flags accordingly.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.