Qt5.0.1 fileDialog is giving warning should I really care about it ?

• if I call windows filedialog to get directories it says this warning
    Invalid parameter 'Directories' not found in 'All Files (*)'."

I do not understand what parameter i am supply is invalid
    locationDialog->getExistingDirectory(m_window, "Destination", "Folder");

i never had problem with qt4 with almost same call

• Hi, Maybe post your code as well, but maybe it has to do with the setting of the "seek" directory where the fileopen should start be looking.
    greetz

• I've got the same warning in some code. After further research it looks like a bug in Qt code introduce in Qt 5 :

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-30001?page=com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin:fisheye-issuepanel

• Thank you for pointing me to that QTBUT-30001, seems like I dont need to put my more time to figure out what i am doing wrong.
    I see it is coming in 5.0.3 so i will wait for that to upgrade.

• I ran across this same warning:

@selectNameFilter: Invalid parameter 'Directories' not found in 'All Files (*)'.@

Previous users cited that the fix should be delivered in Qt 5.0.3 I am using
    Qt 5.1.1.

Snippet causing the warning:

@QFileDialog dialog(this);
    dialog.setFileMode(QFileDialog::Directory);@

Warning removed by updating to:

@QFileDialog dialog(this);
    dialog.setFileMode(QFileDialog::Directory);
    dialog.setNameFilter("");@

I do not understand this warning, "QFileDialog::AllFiles" is used with "setFileMode", correct? Why would you ever select a name filter when using a mode to select a directory? Is there functionality to filter directory names?

• Moderators

i guess the filter should look like this:
    @
    "All Files (.)" //instead of "(*)"
    @

• v5.1.1 user
    The solution for eliminating the warning message when using "getExistingDirectory" is to use the options:
    QFileDialog::ShowDirsOnly | QFileDialog::HideNameFilterDetails

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.