Qmake 3.0 sensitive to directory it is run from

• So I'm having an issue where my OSX app icon no longer works while upgrading from qt 4.8 to qt 5.0. I've tracked it down to what I believe is a bug in qmake 3.0

This can easily be reproduced on Qt Creator.

From qt-creator/src/app run qmake -spec macx-g++ app.pro. If you look at the all: line in the created Makefile you will see

@all: Makefile ../../bin/Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/PkgInfo ../../bin/Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/Resources/empty.lproj ../../bin/Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/Info.plist ../../bin/Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/Resources/qtcreator.icns $(TARGET)
    @
    which adds the dependency on the icon. However, if you run this from a different directory than where the .pro file is located that dependency is dropped:

@all: Makefile bin/Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/PkgInfo bin/Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/Resources/empty.lproj $(TARGET)
    @

So the icon is not installed into the bundle. This breaks building in a directory outside the source tree, as far as I can tell.

Am I missing something? Is this intended? I just wanted to check before opening a bug report.

• I should have said, repeating this with qmake 2.01a produces the same Makefile regardless of where it is run from.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.