[SOLVED][Qt5.0.1 static] QtCreator doesn't see MySQL plugin

• I build Qt with:
    @
    configure -static -platform win32-msvc2012 -qt-sql-mysql -plugin-sql-mysql -no-angle -no-icu -opengl desktop -nomake demos -nomake examples@

and now i'm trying to build the most simple program in Qt which will only print available sql plugins. I have no idea why, but this code:

@#include "mainwindow.h"
    #include <QApplication>
    #include <QtSql/QSqlDatabase>
    #include <QMessageBox>
    #include <QStringList>

#pragma comment(lib, "Qt5Sql.lib")

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication a(argc, argv);
    QStringList lista = QSqlDatabase::drivers();
    for(int i = 0; i < lista.length(); ++i)
    QMessageBox::information(NULL, "asd", QApplication::tr("%1").arg(lista[i]));
    MainWindow w;
    w.show();

return a.exec&#40;&#41;;

}@

*.pro file:

@QT += core gui

greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4): QT += widgets

TARGET = jakistam
    TEMPLATE = app

SOURCES += main.cpp
    mainwindow.cpp

HEADERS += mainwindow.h

FORMS += mainwindow.ui@

shows only qsqlite as available plugin. Of course in qtbase/plugins/sqldrivers i have got mysql libs. Any ideas what is going on?

• I worked with ODBC and OCI and I had to add this "sql" to .pro file. Like this:
    QT += core gui sql

Hope it helps!!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

since you have build Qt static have a look at "the plugin doc":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtcore/plugins-howto.html#static-plugins , it explains how to work with static plugins

• Thank you SGaist. I have followed steps from this link and it turned out that i had to copy libmysql libs from MySQL folder to qtbase/lib. Now everything works perfectly fine.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.