Mac osx 10.7 lion unable to get past configure step

• mac osx 10.7 i7 64 bit OS
    xcode 4.7 (latest) with command line tools installed
    qt-everywhere-opensource-4.8.4.tar.gz

configure options:
    ./configure -universal -nomake demos -nomake examples -qt-zlib -qt-libtiff -qt-libmng -qt-libjpeg -qt-libpng -openssl -I /Library/postgresql/include -L /Library/postgresql/lib -debug-and-release -prefix /Library/qt -plugin-sql-psql -plugin-sql-odbc -plugin-sql-sqlite

error returned right after accepting license agreement:
    Creating qmake. Please wait...
    g++ -c -o project.o -arch ppc -arch i386 -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -g -fconstant-cfstrings -g -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -Igenerators/symbian -Igenerators/integrity -I/Users/Greg/Documents/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4/include -I/Users/Greg/Documents/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4/include/QtCore -I/Users/Greg/Documents/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4/src/corelib/global -I/Users/Greg/Documents/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4/src/corelib/xml -I/Users/Greg/Documents/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4/tools/shared -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQLIBRARYINFO_EPOCROOT -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/Users/Greg/Documents/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4/mkspecs/macx-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT -DQT_NO_DEPRECATED project.cpp
    llvm-g++-4.2: error trying to exec '/usr/bin/../llvm-gcc-4.2/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin11-llvm-g++-4.2': execvp: No such file or directory
    lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/folders/jd/yw9p7pg912ncp720k66pgkxh0000gn/T//ccmyHLFQ.out
    make: *** [project.o] Error 255

Ideally I'd like to be able to compile qt for 64 bit and 32 bit support (-universal flag) but can't seem to get past the configure step! Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

universal will also try to build for powerpc (the error you are seeing)

Remove universal and add -arch x86 -arch x86_64, you should be fine then.

• That worked great! Thank you for the quick response and solution!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.