Does Ambassador application need to be 100% Qt-based?

• I'm curious if applications that uses other languages or libraries can apply to the program. So if someone have app which uses for example C library, that implements some protocol and has user part written with use of Qt, are there any chances that it will be accepted?

• I think it should be pure Qt. But if some library does not exist on Qt it shouldn't be a problem as long as most part is written in Qt. Although mine was pure Qt application.

• Well, it depends. If your project has a UI, it should definitely be Qt based. In general, the stack should be Qt. But, then again we have to take it on a case-by-case basis. I would encourage you to apply and we will come back with questions, if we have any.

• Well, arguably most people will have /some/ non-Qt library code in their application, one way or another, so... don't let that discourage you :) Arguably, such an application is really just showcasing another powerful point of Qt that a lot of people don't know about - that you /can/ use non-Qt code in your Qt based applications. So, what Kbarrios said, yeah - shoot the application off to the trolls and see what happens :)

• [quote author="Kbarrios" date="1292588534"]Well, it depends. If your project has a UI, it should definitely be Qt based. In general, the stack should be Qt. But, then again we have to take it on a case-by-case basis. I would encourage you to apply and we will come back with questions, if we have any. [/quote]

Does this mean that if ay application have GUI in Qt and rest every thing in some other custom library that will be counted? I have an application which uses Qt for small GUI but rest every thing is custom developed library written in c and c++, will that be counted. GUI is just on window which allows you to do some settings rest every thing is the library we are using. This application actually plays with other installed application in the path

• Again as Kbarrios said it would be on a case basis I guess. They would definitely give Qt Ambassador status to someone who utilizes Qt is the best possible way. Basically, it is for promoting Qt and demonstrating its capabilities.

• Is this true that to become Qt ambassador ,one should be Area 51 engineer or Mad scientist. ?

• [quote author="qtrahul" date="1293090783"]Is this true that to become Qt ambassador ,one should be Area 51 engineer or Mad scientist. ?[/quote]

Where did you get this information from. Qt Ambassador is a different program. Refer to the program home page for more info.

• @qtrahul: No, you don't need to have any designation in the Qt Developer Network to apply or be accepted to the Qt Ambassador Program.

• IMO, the fact that the Qt ambassador program is meant to showcase Qt, it doesn't mean you shouldn't showcase something else as well. For example, my app was/is heavily based on kdelibs (naturally, since it is a KDE Workspace app)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.