QListWidget - Center icon

• Hi,

I use a QListWidget to navigate in a QDialog (Configuration). How I can set the icon and text inside a item horizontal center?
    I use for the QListwidget:

@contentsWidget = new QListWidget;
    contentsWidget->setViewMode(QListView::IconMode);
    contentsWidget->setIconSize(QSize(48, 48));
    contentsWidget->setMovement(QListView::Static);
    contentsWidget->setMaximumWidth(128);
    contentsWidget->setFlow(QListView::TopToBottom);@

And with the item I use @setTextAlignment(Qt::AlignHCenter);@

But the icon and text is always shown at the left hand border. What is the trick to show them centered?

Ingo

• Hi pixbyte,

If you want to align your icons horizontally, I'm not sure this is possible with a QListView (even harder with a QListWidget).

An idea would be to create your own custom delegate, inheriting QItemWidget. If your want to create your own, you can have a look at the doLayout protected method of QItemDelegate.

Another would be to "hide" your QListWidget in a container with the look you want, and resize/change the position of your QListWidget to obtain the wanted result (typically by centering it in your fake parent container). Have a look at "Qt style sheets":http://doc.qt.digia.com/qt/stylesheet.html then.

• I did that using my own delegate indeed. I reimplemented sizeHint and paint to get it to work. I simply did my own rendering of the item, making centering trivial.

• True, that's an interesting/simple option. The only drawback is loosing the original look of items/icons.

• There is no need to loose that look. I still have the nice glass-like selection and highlight working for my implementation, using a very simple trick. To render the highlight, I created a QStringListModel with a single item of an empty string. Now, in my paint method, I then call the base class implementation (QStyledItemDelegate) with the index of this empty item. That takes care of properly rendering the highlight.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.