[Suggestion] Follow tread

• Recently i use the function 'posts since last visit', i think this is useful for the user that have just follow ALL tread.
    The people can see the new post to the forum. The problem is when a people is new and have more than 500 post to read!
    For me is useful create a function like 'make all post read', but i found that if someone post to a tread that i'm not much interest this is added to a 'post since last visit'.

Maybe is useful ad another function > Tread Follow, and a function to follow a tread, like a JIRA function to watch a bug history.
    What do you think?

• As a starting point, it might be worth digging up the documentation to an old Usenet reader (I'd suggest "nn") as a reference for features! ("Paging Mr. Allread... Mr. Mark Allread...")

• what you refer to old usenet reader mr. allread and mr. mark allread?

[quote author="GordonSchumacher" date="1292259767"]As a starting point, it might be worth digging up the documentation to an old Usenet reader (I'd suggest "nn") as a reference for features! ("Paging Mr. Allread... Mr. Mark Allread...")[/quote]

• Sorry, I was attempting to be funny - when one has fallen behind in reading, one wants the "Mark All Read" button...

• [quote author="stuk" date="1292257324"]Maybe is useful ad another function > Tread Follow, and a function to follow a tread, like a JIRA function to watch a bug history.
    What do you think?[/quote]

At the top of all threads there is a "Subscribe to this thread" link (right below the topic), that way you will get alerted when someone posts in that thread. Good enough?

• Yes but this send only a email when a new post is create. Is there a way to have on the devnet an a message with a total of new post by subscribtion?
    The 'total post since last visit' is a total of post not only subscribe right?

[quote author="mariusg" date="1292324239"][quote author="stuk" date="1292257324"]Maybe is useful ad another function > Tread Follow, and a function to follow a tread, like a JIRA function to watch a bug history.
    What do you think?[/quote]

At the top of all threads there is a "Subscribe to this thread" link (right below the topic), that way you will get alerted when someone posts in that thread. Good enough?
    [/quote]

• [quote author="stuk" date="1292324734"]Yes but this send only a email when a new post is create. Is there a way to have on the devnet an a message with a total of new post by subscribtion?
    The 'total post since last visit' is a total of post not only subscribe right?[/quote]

Aha, got it now. No, currently no way to do that here. Would have to be made.

• Or, like in other forums, the icons in some color so you see them. Only those you want to follow?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.