Screen hardware changed, now the touch points are wrong, can I fix this in Qt?

• Hi,

I am sure there is a correct way to go about this. Unfortunately the code is not that well written. So, instead, I would simply like to change the numbers used by Qt for button presses.

What I would like to do is divide the X and the Y coordinates by, in this case, 1.33. Then I want to insert the new number back into Qt for use by Qt in identifying what buttons are pressed. I assume the eventHandler is run before any other code which deals with touch screen events. So I thought it would be a simple fix. But it is evident I don't know how to "insert" the new coordinates back into Qt such that they are used later when Qt is figuring out which button I have pressed.

The longer explanation is that we switch screen resolutions as both the display and touch screen hardware has changed. I have already made a quick fix in the display driver code to "stretch" all images, buttons and videos across the new screen. But the touch screen driver has no equivalent quick fix method. So I want to do this in the Qt code. I want a touch reported in the bottom left corner to be scaled to a point about 1/1.33 the way down the screen and about 1/1.33 the way to the right side of the screen.

Currently I am getting and changing the coordinates like this:
    @ mouse_x = cursor->pos().x();
    mouse_y = cursor->pos().y();
    mouse_x /= 1.33;
    mouse_y /= 1.33;@

But how do I get the values back into Qt such that they are used later when processing button presses?

Any help would be appreciated.

I tried to “push back” the altered mouse position into the Qt software (I am sure there is a better way to say this). I used the following line of code:

@ QCursor::setPos(mouse_x,mouse_y)@

But the position of the buttons did not change. So I assume, even though the eventFilter runs first and I did the math, that the setPos does not alter how Qt buttons and other Qt features (that base their actions upon where the screen is touched) behave.

I suspect the problem with the above attempt to change the touch point position is that I only changed (set) the position in the instance of QCursor that I instantiated locally in this method. What I really need to do is change the position stored in the instance of Qt that instantiated my code. But how do I go about doing that? I suspect I start with the pointer passed to me during the instantiatetion of my code. But at this point, I could use a shove in the right direction.

Ok, the setting of the points code line was wrong. It should be:
    ...but I tried it and it did not work. The touch point on the screen remained unchanged. I had wanted to move the touch point as if they were on a sheet of rubber smaller than the screen that was anchored on top and left side of the screen. I wanted the touch point to move as if I stretched the sheet of rubber to cover the whole screen. That is, any Qt buttons would appear to move as the sheet of rubber was stretched.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.